Effective Date: April 7, 2017
St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School (“School,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to inform you of how we may collect, use, and share personal information that you and others provide us through our website, www.stpatsdc.org (“Site”), or on other websites that link to this privacy notice.
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself and others to the School or to service providers acting on our behalf. This information may include, for example, your name, contact information, financial account or credit card information, or additional information you choose to provide to us. You may choose to provide personal information related to St. Patrick’s students, prospective students, and those registered for our other programs, such as their names, ages, addresses, educational information, and health information. We may also receive information about you, students, or prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect. As one example, if you use a third-party application service to apply to the School, that service will share your information with the School for our admissions purposes.
We may use the personal and technical information we collect for any lawful purpose. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide the School’s services, including to process applications for admission and financial aid, create student and parent directories, and register you or your child for School programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To fundraise and process financial donations;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumni, and others;
- To provide updates, surveys, and other content that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Site and our School; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share the personal information we have collected through this Site with other parties including, to the extent permitted by law:
- With parents/guardians of a student;
- With our teachers and other employees of the School;
- At your direction or request, such as providing student information to third parties related to standardized testing, transfers to a new school, in connection with financial aid applications and administration, or applications and placement for higher education;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities;
- With other members of our School community, such as through the publication of student and parent directories;
- With volunteers, contractors, consultants, and other third-party service providers that we use to support our School and provide services including academic, enrollment, tuition, fundraising, and communications or marketing services;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government and oversight authorities, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties including in connection with a health or safety emergency and in connection with disciplinary proceedings; or
- With your consent (on behalf of yourself or as a student’s parent/guardian) or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
The Site also includes links to third-party websites where you may be able to submit personal information directly to those third parties. Please see the section on “Third-Party Links” below for more information.
We may share technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not identify you personally, without restriction.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and our other online services, and other sites over time, for non-advertising purposes. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Site and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including services such as the School store and application services that can be used for the School and other institutions. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps to learn about their data practices.
The Site may include social media tools or “plug-ins”, such as social networking and blogging tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Site, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
We use reasonable safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to or acquisition of your personal information.
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates.
Updating Your Preferences and Information
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included within any email you receive from us.
You may request to review, change, or update your personal information, or the personal information of a student of whom you are the parent/guardian, by logging into your account and updating the information or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.