St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School Earns Eco-Schools USA Bronze Award for Exceptional Achievement in Educating for Sustainability
Nature’s way to grow! The National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA program recognized St. Patrick’s for exceptional achievement for integrating sustainability into our curriculum and on school grounds. With more than 5,000 schools in all 50 states, the Eco-Schools USA program is based on student-driven teams dedicated to reducing waste and to conserving energy and water use.
- To receive the bronze award, St. Patrick’s students, faculty, and staff:
- Formed an Eco-Action team
- Audited all Eco-School USA pathways to sustainability
- Developed, evaluated and monitor an Eco-Action plan
- Linked the plan to the curriculum
- Engaged and built community
- Created an Eco-Code
Together we reduced consumption and waste, curbed energy use, and focused on sustainable food and healthy living. St Patrick’s is committed to sustainably managing our grounds, buildings and curriculum.