History & Vision


St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School was founded in 1956 as a parish day school, offering classes at first for Nursery School children in the Church facilities.

The addition of the elementary grades began in 1967, and the first Grade 6 class graduated in 1974. In September 2002, St. Patrick’s completed the addition of Grades 7 and 8 and the first Grade 8 graduated in 2003. Currently, St. Patrick’s maintains two campuses: The Whitehaven Campus at 4700 Whitehaven Parkway, NW, for its Nursery through Grade 6 students and The MacArthur Campus at 4925 MacArthur Boulevard, NW, for its Grades 7 and 8 students. Construction of a new playing field began in the spring of 2011 on the land on Foxhall Road where St. Patrick's hopes to continue its expansion through Grade 12 in the future. 

Resized1263x500.jpg

 

What is Setting Compass?

From Setting Compass:

"(S)chools seek fundamental changes in the young people who inhabit them, that they might become more knowledgeable, more thoughtful, more accomplished, more confident, and ultimately able to use these gifts for wise and exemplary purposes—aspirations that we as adults should hold for ourselves and each other, as well."