EMERGENCY CLOSING PROCEDURES
Posted December 6, 2013
- In the event of inclement weather that forces a change in normal school routines—either a school closing or a delayed opening—St. Patrick's will notify families in multiple ways, all of which we will strive to complete by 6:00 am.
- Parents for whom we have current email and telephone numbers will receive an email and an automated voice message alerting them to the school closing or delayed opening.
- We post our plans on our website and on our voicemail greeting at 202.342.2805.
- We also rely on five local television stations—Channels 4, 5, 7, 9, and cable News Channel 8—and a local radio station—WTOP 103.5 FM—to convey St. Patrick's plans on days with inclement weather.
- If St. Patrick’s has a delayed opening, St. Patrick’s will begin classes at 10:00 am and begin receiving students at 9:30 am.
- If St. Patrick’s has a delayed opening on a Friday, school will not open for students in the Nursery School (Nursery and PK), except for students enrolled in Extended Day. Those Nursery and PK students may begin arriving at 9:30 am. However, St. Patrick’s will begin classes at 10:00 am for students in Kindergarten to Grade 8 and begin receiving students at 9:30 am.
- In all instances, parents can confirm St. Patrick’s opening plans on our website and on the voicemail greeting at 202.342.2805.
- St. Patrick’s will strive to remain open once the school day has started. Should that become unwise or impossible, we will notify parents with an automated voice message, by email, and on our website. Parents must be sure to maintain current home, office, cell, and emergency numbers and email addresses by logging in to the website and updating their profiles.
- In the case of an emergency or other unscheduled early dismissal, parents should report to the School Office or other designated location—not directly to the classroom—to pick up children. School personnel will coordinate the orderly dismissal of students to parents.